General Payroll FAQs
Digital Purchase Order (DPO)
Getting Ready for Digital
Forms and Resources
Studio+: Working with US and Canada Projects for Payroll
If your organization has productions in both US and Canada, it’s important that the correct organization is selected when receiving your files from payroll.
Canadian organizations in Studio+ can be differentiated from US organizations by its suffix (the abbreviations after the name), which coincides with Cast & Crew's Canadian Payroll.
- US organizations will not have a suffix
- VC = Vancouver Canadian Dollar
- VU = Vancouver US Dollar
- TC = Toronto Canadian Dollar
- TU = Toronto US Dollar
- The image below shows three organizations:
- The first one does not have a suffix after the name, indicating it's a US organization.
- The second and third ones are two different Canadian organizations and show two different suffixes.
To navigate to the correct folder for Cast & Crew Payroll, we recommend favoriting the correct FROM Cast and Crew folder that corresponds to your Canadian or US payroll. This will allow it to display on your homepage once logged in and you can hover over it to quickly view its directory path.
To do this:
- Log in to Studio+.
- Click the organization name and navigate to the FROM Cast and Crew folder.
- Click the flag on the right of the row to favorite the folder.
- The folder will now be displayed on your homepage so you can easily navigate to it.
- Hover over a favorited folder on the homepage to see its entire directory path (i.e., the parent folders the folder is nested under).
When working on a project that has payroll in both Canada and US, make sure to check the organization name (specifically its suffix) so that you're selecting the correct folder that corresponds to your Canadian or US payroll.