Skip to a section in this guide:
Watch the video:
How to Share a File
- Log in to your MyCast&Crew portal and launch Studio+.
- Once you’re in the application, click the drop-down next to “Home” to access your organization.
- Double-click the project you wish to access.
- Hover over the folder you’d like to share and right-click or click the 3-dot menu on the right side of the row to access the quick start menu.
- Select Share.
- Select the user(s) you would like to share the document with and click Next.
- In the next window, choose the share options for the file. Depending on the user permissions you and the recipient have, you can choose the following options:
- View only: The recipient will only be able to view the file. Notice that when this option is selected, “Allow download now” is disabled.
- Share w/watermark: This will share the file with a watermark overlay that the recipient cannot remove.
- Share original: This will share the file as is, without a watermark overlay.
- Share with custom watermark: This will share the file with a custom watermark that the Super Admin can configure.
- Learn more about additional sharing options.
- Next, enter an expiration date, if necessary.
- You may choose to Share without password. If you do so, the user will only need to click a link in the email to access the file. If this is not selected, the user will be prompted to enter their email and password for Studio+ before gaining access. The password will be sent to the user via the shared email. Example:
- Lastly, you can enter a custom message to be inserted into the share email.
- Click Share to finish.
Additional Share Options
Note: The following features are available in Studio+ by request only. You won’t see the features unless they’ve been turned on for your organization. Please reach out to your CSM for more information about these features.
Reply To Sender
This option allows the recipient to reply to the email directly from their inbox. They won’t be required to log in to Studio+ in order to reply to the email. The message they receive will include a note about what email address their message will be sent to by replying to the email.
Once this feature is turned on for your organization, the Super Admin will need to select this option at the organization-level and user-level for both senders and recipients.
Set organization-level permissions:
Set user-level permissions: